Haunted Waters Press now seeking works of fiction and poetry for the 2017 issue of From the Depths
Accepting submissions between January 1, 2017 - August 31, 2017 via The Tip Jar Expedited Decision.
(Our Free Reading Periods will be held in the months of February, May and August.)
In order to keep submissions free to our contributors and our digital editions free to read online, we are placing the tip jar on the counter. If you feel inclined to make a small donation, please consider submitting via The Tip Jar. Your donation will be used for the care and feeding of From the Depths—a very hungry journal—and will help support the journal's continued operation and publication.
With regards to the judging criteria, all submissions are treated equally, regardless of how they are submitted. However, to thank you for your kind donation, our editors will expedite the submission process and respond to the author within one week of submitting via The Tip Jar.ABOUT THE JOURNALFrom the Depths
is the annual literary journal of Haunted Waters Press. Featuring works of prose and poetry, the journal is released in both print and digital formats in the fall of each year. Described as “one of the most compelling and beautifully illustrated literary journals,” From the Depths
was created to showcase and celebrate the writing of new, emerging, and established authors.
2017 THEME REQUIREMENTS
The upcoming issue is open to all genres, themes, and writers. We look forward to reading your work!
Selected works to be paid 1-4 cents per word for fiction and $20 for poetry.
SUBMISSION & FORMATTING GUIDELINES
- Open to all themes, genres and writers.
- We seek fiction of 10,000 words or less, flash fiction, and poetry of any length.
- Multiple submissions welcome. Please limit each submission to a single work of fiction or up to four works of poetry.
- Simultaneous Submissions are welcome via The Tip Jar for expedited seven day response.
- Previous online publication is fine, but works must not have appeared in print. Please be certain there are no known copyright restrictions and provide publication details for all previously published works. Questions? Contact us prior to submitting.
- Formatting: Clean and easy to read: double spaced, readable font, white pages, black type. Poetry formatted as you would like it to appear.
Thank you. We look forward to reading your work.