Haunted Waters Press now seeking works of fiction and poetry for consideration in the 2018 issues of From the Depths
and Tin Can Literary Review.
Accepting submissions between December 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018 via The Tip Jar for Expedited Decision.
(Our Free Reading Periods are held in the months of February, May and August.)
In order to continue offering no fee reading periods to our contributors and to keep our digital editions free to read online, we are placing the tip jar on the counter. If you feel inclined to make a small donation, please consider submitting via The Tip Jar. Your donation will be used for the care and feeding of From the Depths—a very hungry journal—and will help support the journal's continued operation and publication.
With regards to the judging criteria, all submissions are treated equally, regardless of how they are submitted. However, to thank you for your kind donation, our editors will expedite the submission process and respond to the author within seven days of submitting via The Tip Jar.
Selected works to be paid 1-4 cents per word for fiction and $20 for poetry. Occasionally, works submitted via The Tip Jar may be offered online publication in SPLASH! in lieu of print. These works automatically enter the HWP Print Pool making them eligible for future offers of paid print publication. SPLASH! is a non paying venue.
SUBMISSION & FORMATTING GUIDELINES
- Open to all themes, genres and writers.
- We seek fiction of 10,000 words or less, flash fiction, and poetry of any length.
- Multiple submissions welcome. Please limit each submission to a single work of fiction or up to four works of poetry.
- Simultaneous Submissions are welcome via The Tip Jar for expedited seven day response.
- Previous online publication is fine, but works must not have appeared in print. Please be certain there are no known copyright restrictions and provide publication details for all previously published works. Questions? Contact us prior to submitting.
- Formatting: Clean and easy to read: double spaced, readable font, white pages, black type. Poetry formatted as you would like it to appear.
Thank you. We look forward to reading your work.